Pages

Posted on: Friday, February 21, 2014

Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara Review

Well after using the Clinique High Impact Mascara for a good 5-6 months now I thought it was time for a change!
It was buy one get one half price on the Maybelline section in Superdrug and I fancied picking up this little number as I've heard many youtubers rave about it! I also bought the very hyped gel eyeliner of theirs which I'm thinking about reviewing on here soon :).
I went on the Maybelline website and under the "why you'll love it" section it states:
"You'll love this mascara because it's glidable and goes on lashes so cleanly, leaving a glossy finish. You don't need to apply many coats as our Jet Glide brush charges big, explosive volume in Rocket time."
So lets see if it lives up to the expectations!
The wand is your silicone type style similar much like Covergirl Lash Blast and Max Factor False Lash Effect. I really like these kind of wands as I find they separate my lashes more easier. Oh and before I forget I got mine in the black non-waterproof version :).
The first thing I noticed was that it was a very wet formula. Usually a good sign to know that it will last you long as it won't dry out!
So this time I thought I would take the photos of one eye natural and one eye with the mascara (Sorry still learning how to shoot fancy/pretty blog photos...I'll hopefully get there eventually!)
The top two images are with one coating. As you can see it's definitely elongated my lashes. Fairly decent separation of lashes with the wand... but I think it's lacks an incy bit in curl ability.
The bottom images are then with two coats on my top lashes. I really like the outcome of this coating but I do agree with Maybelline to not apply many coats as it would become a little too clumpy. If the "spikes" on the wand were more longer I think it would separate it better if you did add another layer but personally I would keep it at two.

And what about the wearability? I was pleasantly surprised it didn't budge! I've been wearing it for about a week and a bit and my lashes look the same six hours after the application. No flaking or panda eyes! I even cried (not purposely :P) wearing it and although it did loose its shape a bit. However it didn't give me the oh my goodness there's literally mascara all over my face scenario that some mascaras do if you've been tearing up hahaha!
All in all for the price of this mascara I definitely think it's a gooden I think I'll curl my lashes more frequently when using this mascara but was really happy with the length, volume and the wearability! A thumbs up from me :)!
If you've tried it I'd love to hear what you think!
Also just want to say thank you to my new followers on Bloglovin' ! I follow people on there mainly so if you have a beauty/fashion blog i'd love to read them and give them a follow :)
Anyway enough babbling hahaha...I'll be back soon with more reviews I'm thinking an Illamasqua foundation review next :).


3 comments:

  1. Hi dear, you have wonderful blog and interesting post, I wish we can follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and FACEBOOK, if you decided to follow me please let me know so I can follow you back. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com
    PS. If you follow me on FACEBOOK please don't forget to leave your FB Page link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful result...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated you for the very inspirational blogger award, and you can check it out here: http://prettyinpips.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete